BLE Nano Kit v2 getting started

Hi

Just got a BLE Nano Kit V2. Plugging it in it shows up as a new BT service in my iphone and could be deleted using the BLE-finder app also could see the simulated heartbeat in the nRF Toolbox.

First tried to follow a get started guide using Keil IDE but got stuck when it told me I did not have a Keil license. Did run a Keil license app provided with the Nordic libraries - but no!

Then turned to this Arduino get started guide https://github.com/redbear/nRF5x/blob/master/nRF52832/docs/Arduino_Board_Package_Installation_Guide.md.

Then selected the BLE_Beacon example compiled and downloaded the .hex file from Arduino IDE (also tried dropping it on the DLAPLINK drive). Now I can find no BLE device any more and there is no sign of the BLE nano module doing anything useful.

What am I doing wrong :slight_smile: where do I go from here?

/Mats

Have you test simple examples like the “Blinky” on the board yet?

You can also try with other BLE examples, see step 7 on

We suggest you to try “BLE_HRM” and use the nRF Toolbox App to test.

Hi,

If you mean 01.Basic/Blink. I tried but it wont build LED_BUILTIN not declared.

Now tried building BLE_HRM but it does not work ether.

I read some thing about merging with softdevice is this something I need to do?

/Mats

If you cannot get the 01.Basic/Blink example working, that means the “Boards Manager” may not have been installed properly, we will suggest try to re-install our board library.

If problem persists, a lot of users resolved this by removing the Arduino IDE completely and perform a “clean installation”.

Hi,

Uninstalled Arduino IDE and reinstalled, uninstalled board managers and reinstalled.

Open 01.Basic/Blink. Selected BLE_Nano2 from boards.

Trying to compile gives: ‘LED_BUILTIN’ was not declared in this scope.

Hi @matbli,
Just try to define LED_BUILTIN like this:

#define LED_BUILTIN D13

// the setup function runs once when you press reset or power the board
void setup() {
  // initialize digital pin LED_BUILTIN as an output.
  pinMode(LED_BUILTIN, OUTPUT);
}

// the loop function runs over and over again forever
void loop() {
  digitalWrite(LED_BUILTIN, HIGH);   // turn the LED on (HIGH is the voltage level)
  delay(1000);                       // wait for a second
  digitalWrite(LED_BUILTIN, LOW);    // turn the LED off by making the voltage LOW
  delay(1000);                       // wait for a second
}

The LED of BLE NAno v2 is D11