BLE Shield External Antenna Questions

Hey guys, this is my first post here. I’ve been using the BLE Shield for the past several months and would like to increase the range. I bought this shield specifically because it had the ability to add an external antenna for additional range. I’ve tested my shield in it’s factory default state up to around 200’ using a Samsung Galaxy Tab as the paired interface. I’d like to see if I can either increase the signal strength at that range, or get even more range using an external antenna.

I tried following the instructions on the “Adding external antenna” post, but I think I fried the resistor trying to get it un-soldered. I made the biggest mistake by not measuring the resistance value before I did that and now I can’t even tell what a replacement resistor would need to be. Thus, I need the value as well as the wattage for the resistor so that I can buy a new one to replace it with.

Also, does anyone have any idea what kind of antenna I can or should use with this board? I know it needs to be a reverse polarity SMA, but can someone point me to an antenna that would work, or better yet, one you’ve already tried with this board.

Lastly, for anyone who has gone ahead and installed the external antenna, what did your range improve to. If I can get mine to work properly again, I’ll leave feedback as far as what results I get with mine.

Thanks!