Can't compile/upload Arduino sketches to BLE Nano V2

I’ve been searching and I can’t seem to figure out what my problem is. I just got my BLE Nano V2, and have been trying to set it up. I went through the link below and followed those instructions.

However, when I try to upload an example sketch (Blink) I get this error:

exec: “C:\Users\myname\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\RedBear\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++”: file does not exist
Error compiling for board BLE_Nano2.

What am I doing wrong here? It seemed pretty straightforward to set this up, but I’m dead in the water if I can’t get anything to compile or upload. I get the same error if I just click the verify/compile button in the arduino ide. I’m using Arduino 1.8.5

Does the directory “C:\Users\myname” exist on your PC? On my Windows 10 PC, the “myname” gets substituted with my Windows user name, and the Arduino library files are installed underneath that directory.

Yes. I substituted “myname” for my actual name as I saw no need to share it. Nonetheless, the path is a good path, but the arm-none-eabi-g++ file seems to be missing.

I got this figured out. Apparently when you uninstall Arduino it doesn’t remove all of it’s folders, so when it reinstalled it didn’t do it correctly. I had to go in and manually delete the Arduino15 folder and all of its contents and start over completely. The next time I installed Arduino it installed everything correctly. Everything is working now. I did notice that the Blink example does not work the way it is, at least not with a RedBear board. It defines LED_BUILTIN, which doesn’t work for me. I had to specify pin 13 for the LED, which is what older versions of their example used to do. So it appears to be all good now.

Hi @thecause17,

Maybe what you need to to is to uninstall the Arduino board package and re-install it again via the Boards Manager.