Discussion Forums

Can't connect and libraries

Hi,

i’m from france so sorry for my bad english.
I bought a Ble shield for my arduino uno, I’ve a iPhone 7, and i really can’t connect it. i tried with android cellphone, but nothing to do.
i’ve done all the steps from the web site redbear etc… and i’ve installed the BLEcontroller app.

i turn on/off the device, nothing to do.

so i checked on the librairies and i saw that many of them are not update.
on the website they told to erase the nordic library but in the examples they are in the sketches…
other thing like the RBL library: in the example it is written #include services.h but in fact in the library that the website ask to download the name is #include RBL_services.h…etc…etc…
many of the examples does not work unfortunately because many of them can’t compiling even in the “hello world program”:
"
ble_A_Hello_World_Program:87: error: setup_msgs causes a section type conflict with __c
static hal_aci_data_t setup_msgs[NB_SETUP_MESSAGES] PROGMEM = SETUP_MESSAGES_CONTENT;

^

/Users/johann/Documents/Arduino/libraries/BLE/examples/ble_A_Hello_World_Program/ble_A_Hello_World_Program.ino:206:18: note: ‘__c’ was declared here
Serial.println(F(“Set up done”));

^

lto-wrapper: /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avr-gcc returned 1 exit status
/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/tools/avr/bin/…/lib/gcc/avr/4.9.2/…/…/…/…/avr/bin/ld: lto-wrapper failed
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
exit status 1
setup_msgs causes a section type conflict with __c"

so you’ll understand that i am a bit nervous… sorry for my bad english.

hope you’ll do something for me.

Hi @astaroth, please refer to this post:

BTW, the examples under the ble-sdk-arduino library are not verified for BLE Shield. Only the examples under the RedBear nRF8001 library are verified.