"DEBUG cc3200prog.c:<line_number>:write failed" after download complete

When uploading a sketch to the RedBearLab CC3200 using Energia, I am receiving the message:

"DEBUG cc3200prog.c:<line_number>:write failed"

after the download completes. The code that I download works fine but I’m wondering what causes this message and how to stop it from appearing. It seems this issue has been discussed in this thread. From what I gather its because the cc3200prog expects an FTDI chip. in a thread post from March 2015, it is mentioned also that support for RedBearLab boards will be added. Does anybody know if this has been done? Or at least still planned to be done?

I have the exact same error message for 4 lines of code but my application will not run. Any insights or updates?

Did you try hitting the reset button every time you finish a download? It works just fine for me after I do that. You would have to see the download complete message though that comes right before the write failed messages.

Unfortunately, I haven’t had any luck getting any responses on why the message is appearing though. I’m actually quite disappointed by the level of support, or lack thereof, that I have been receiving for the redbearlab boards, I kind of regret buying a redbearlab board due to that reason.

I found that Energeria 17 works to reset the board after programming the device. Energeria 18 has the problem that it will program the board, but not reset the device, and show those errors.

I use Energia 18, I get “DEBUG cc3200prog.c:2667: write failed” error message after “Download complete”. But works upon manual reset. I would like to seek help regarding this case.

still happening. Energia 1.6 E18. with RedBear definitions. Resetting does not seem to work.

If if find a solution, will post here.

Downloading file “/sys/mcuimg.bin” with size 25824
…Download complete
DEBUG cc3200prog.c:2605: write failed
DEBUG cc3200prog.c:2611: write failed
DEBUG cc3200prog.c:2617: write failed
DEBUG cc3200prog.c:2623: write failed
Can’t open device