Patching wiced sdk 3.7-03

Hello,

I have installed wiced sdk 3.7 and now want to patch it so that I can use it with my redbear duo.

On the left side is the WICED-SDK-3.7.0 folder,
On the right side is the WICED-SDK-master, patch folder.

A copy operation doesn’t warn me about any “Should I replace” warnings? Can you please tell me where I should apply the patch.

thanks
rifo

Just merge the folder WICED-SDK-3.7.0 in the patch to the original folder WICED-SDK-3.7.0.

Hello,

Are you sure that it’s not the WICED-SDK folder inside WICED-SDK-3-7.0?

the apps and platform folder in the wiced IDE is located under WICD-SDK-3.7.0/WICED-SDK

If you are using WICED IDE, then copy all of the files under WICED-SDK-3.7.0 in the patch and paste/replace them under WICED-SDK. If you’ve downloaded the original WICED-SDK-3.7.0 directly, then you should paste/replace them under WICED-SDK-3.7.0.

hello,

I am using the wiced IDE so I have copied the contents of WICED-SDK-3.7.0 to WICED-SDK-3.7.0/WICED-SDK

cp …/PATCH_LOCATION/WICED-SDK-3.7.0/* …/SDK_LOCATION/WICED-SDK-3.7.0/WICED-SDK

where should I then copy the docs, firmware and patches folder?

cp …/PATCH_LOCATION/ (docs, firmware, patches) …/SDK_LOCATION/ ???

thank you for your help :slight_smile:
rifo

They are useless for your application development and just leave them alone.

thanks a lot :slight_smile:
I was able to build blink program just fine.

between, what are docs, firmware and patches folder are used for? Are they for linux based development?

Hello again Guohui,

I am now trying to upload my firmware to redbear via DFU. I was following the guide at

““https://github.com/redbear/Duo/blob/master/docs/windows_driver_installation_guide.md””

but it says that

Note: All the drivers mentioned here are for the Duo that running the Particle firmware. For the Duo that running the WICED application hasn’t implemented the USB device capability

Does this mean that I can only send my code via rblink only?

thanks
rifo

---- EDIT ----

Sorry, I just went ahead and followed the guide, I was able to send my program to redbear duo successfully. Still, can you please tell me the reason of the warning for Wiced applications?

thanks

Those files are used for instruction and demonstration purpose, nothing to do with the development, despite of the operating system.

No matter what your application is built with, the bootloader is the same and has USB capability for DFU firmware update. so you can upload WICED application using this bootloader. The USB driver mentioned in that document is for application USB, but WICED application hasn’t implemented the USB, while the Particle application does.

thanks so much for the explanation :slight_smile: