Recive a String from Multible Peripherals

I’ve connected 3 BLE Nano V2 (Peripherals) with one BLE Nano V2 (Central).
Now I want to send a String from the Peripherals to the Central BLE Nanao.
How I can Send a String? I’m working with the Segger embeded Studio / Arm Keil,
but a Arduino solution would be also fine.

Thanks for your Replays

hello mootseeker, developing with Segger Studio/Keil is not in support. With Arduino is suggestible. you can use notification way to send a String to Central BLE and refer to the SimpleChat sketch using characteristic2

Hello lucian,

Thanks for your reply, I’ve tried the Skatch but it won’t work.
Which example do I need for the Central?

With the SimpleChat sketch I can send my string to my Smartphone using the nRF connect app.
Now I’m trying to receive the string with another BLE Nano V2, Because I want to connect multiple peripherals in the future, I’ve tried it with the CentralTest sketch. This isn’t working until now. Do you know what I need to add to the code for communicating with the peripherals?

Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

This is for CentralTest

I’ve connected one peripheral to the Center, now I have two problems which I can’t solve my selfe, because I’m very new to Arduino:

• How I connect multiple peripherals to the central, because now I only can connect one at the time?

• The second question is, how can I receive data with the Central ?

Thanks for solving my problems :slight_smile:

I found these lines of code:

if( memcmp(“TXRX”, adv_name, 4) == 0x00 ) {
Serial.println("Got device, stop scan ");
ble.stopScan();
/**
* @param[in] peerAddrType BLEProtocol::AddressType::PUBLIC
* BLEProtocol::AddressType::RANDOM_STATIC
* BLEProtocol::AddressType::RANDOM_PRIVATE_RESOLVABLE
* BLEProtocol::AddressType::RANDOM_PRIVATE_NON_RESOLVABLE
* @param[in] *connectionParams
* @param[in] *scanParams
* @return BLE_ERROR_NONE if connection establishment procedure is started successfully. The connectionCallChain (if set) will be invoked upon a connection event.
*/
device_is_simple_peripheral = 1;
ble.connect(params->peerAddr, BLEProtocol::AddressType::RANDOM_STATIC, NULL, NULL);
}

Do I need to count that up until I reached my max count ? because like this the whole process stops after one peripheral or not ?

I’ve tried now again, but it won’t work, this is my code:

/*
 * Copyright (c) 2016 RedBear
 * Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"),
 * to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense,
 * and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
 * The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
 * THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
 * FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER
 * LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS
 * IN THE SOFTWARE.
 */
/**
 * @brief This example is used to demonstrate central functions.
 *        Device with this application will try to connect to example "BLE_HRM" or "BLE_simplePeripheral"
 *        If connecting to "BLE_HRM", will get heart rate
 *        If connecting to "BLE_simplePeripheral, will discovery all services and characteristics
 */
#include <nRF5x_BLE_API.h>
#define TXRX_BUF_LEN           20

BLE           ble;

Timeout                        timeout;

static uint8_t rx_buf[TXRX_BUF_LEN];
static uint8_t rx_buf_num;
static uint8_t rx_state=0;

// The uuid of service and characteristics
static const uint8_t service1_uuid[]        = {0x71, 0x3D, 0, 0, 0x50, 0x3E, 0x4C, 0x75, 0xBA, 0x94, 0x31, 0x48, 0xF1, 0x8D, 0x94, 0x1E};
static const uint8_t service1_tx_uuid[]     = {0x71, 0x3D, 0, 3, 0x50, 0x3E, 0x4C, 0x75, 0xBA, 0x94, 0x31, 0x48, 0xF1, 0x8D, 0x94, 0x1E};
static const uint8_t service1_rx_uuid[]     = {0x71, 0x3D, 0, 2, 0x50, 0x3E, 0x4C, 0x75, 0xBA, 0x94, 0x31, 0x48, 0xF1, 0x8D, 0x94, 0x1E};
static const uint8_t uart_base_uuid_rev[]   = {0x1E, 0x94, 0x8D, 0xF1, 0x48, 0x31, 0x94, 0xBA, 0x75, 0x4C, 0x3E, 0x50, 0, 0, 0x3D, 0x71};

//static uint8_t service1_uuid[]    = {0x71, 0x3D, 0, 0, 0x50, 0x3E, 0x4C, 0x75, 0xBA, 0x94, 0x31, 0x48, 0xF1, 0x8D, 0x94, 0x1E};
static uint8_t service1_chars1[]  = {0x71, 0x3D, 0, 2, 0x50, 0x3E, 0x4C, 0x75, 0xBA, 0x94, 0x31, 0x48, 0xF1, 0x8D, 0x94, 0x1E};
static uint8_t service1_chars2[]  = {0x71, 0x3D, 0, 3, 0x50, 0x3E, 0x4C, 0x75, 0xBA, 0x94, 0x31, 0x48, 0xF1, 0x8D, 0x94, 0x1E};
static uint8_t service1_chars3[]  = {0x71, 0x3D, 0, 4, 0x50, 0x3E, 0x4C, 0x75, 0xBA, 0x94, 0x31, 0x48, 0xF1, 0x8D, 0x94, 0x1E};

UUID service_uuid(0x180D);
UUID chars_uuid1(0x2A37);
UUID chars_uuid2(service1_chars2);
UUID chars_uuid3(service1_chars3);

uint8_t tx_value[TXRX_BUF_LEN] = {0,};
uint8_t rx_value[TXRX_BUF_LEN] = {0,};

// Initialize value of chars
GattCharacteristic  characteristic1(service1_tx_uuid, tx_value, 1, TXRX_BUF_LEN, GattCharacteristic::BLE_GATT_CHAR_PROPERTIES_WRITE | GattCharacteristic::BLE_GATT_CHAR_PROPERTIES_WRITE_WITHOUT_RESPONSE );
GattCharacteristic  characteristic2(service1_rx_uuid, rx_value, 1, TXRX_BUF_LEN, GattCharacteristic::BLE_GATT_CHAR_PROPERTIES_NOTIFY);
GattCharacteristic *uartChars[] = {&characteristic1, &characteristic2};
GattService         uartService(service1_uuid, uartChars, sizeof(uartChars) / sizeof(GattCharacteristic *));

static uint8_t device_is_hrm = 0;
static uint8_t device_is_simple_peripheral = 0;

// When found the match characteristic, set 1.
static uint8_t characteristic_is_fond = 0;
// When found the match descriptor, set 1.
static uint8_t descriptor_is_found = 0;
// To save the hrm characteristic and descriptor
static DiscoveredCharacteristic            chars_hrm;
static DiscoveredCharacteristicDescriptor  desc_of_chars_hrm(NULL,GattAttribute::INVALID_HANDLE,GattAttribute::INVALID_HANDLE,UUID::ShortUUIDBytes_t(0));

static void scanCallBack(const Gap::AdvertisementCallbackParams_t *params);
static void discoveredServiceCallBack(const DiscoveredService *service);
static void discoveredCharacteristicCallBack(const DiscoveredCharacteristic *chars);
static void discoveryTerminationCallBack(Gap::Handle_t connectionHandle);
static void discoveredCharsDescriptorCallBack(const CharacteristicDescriptorDiscovery::DiscoveryCallbackParams_t *params);
static void discoveredDescTerminationCallBack(const CharacteristicDescriptorDiscovery::TerminationCallbackParams_t *params) ;

/**
 * @brief  Function to decode advertisement or scan response data
 * @param[in]  type            The data type that you want to get
 * @param[in]  advdata_len     The length of advertisement or scan reponse data
 * @param[in]  *p_advdata      The pointer of advertisement or scan reponse data
 * @param[out] *len            If type exist, this is the length of field data
 * @param[out] *p_field_data   If type exist, this is the pointer of field data
 * @return NRF_SUCCESS or NRF_ERROR_NOT_FOUND
 */
uint32_t ble_advdata_parser(uint8_t type, uint8_t advdata_len, uint8_t *p_advdata, uint8_t *len, uint8_t *p_field_data) {
  uint8_t index=0;
  uint8_t field_length, field_type;

while(index<advdata_len) {
    field_length = p_advdata[index];
    field_type   = p_advdata[index+1];
    if(field_type == type) {
      memcpy(p_field_data, &p_advdata[index+2], (field_length-1));
      *len = field_length - 1;
      return NRF_SUCCESS;
    }
    index += field_length + 1;
  }
  return NRF_ERROR_NOT_FOUND;
}

void startDiscovery(uint16_t handle) {
  /**
   * Launch service discovery. Once launched, application callbacks will beinvoked for matching services or characteristics.
   * isServiceDiscoveryActive() can be used to determine status, and a termination callback (if one was set up)will be invoked at the end.
   * Service discovery can be terminated prematurely,if needed, using terminateServiceDiscovery().
   * @param[in]  connectionHandle   Handle for the connection with the peer.
   * @param[in]  sc  This is the application callback for a matching service. Taken as NULL by default.
   *                 Note: service discovery may still be active when this callback is issued;
   *                 calling asynchronous BLE-stack APIs from within this application callback might cause the stack to abort service discovery.
   *                 If this becomes an issue, it may be better to make a local copy of the discoveredService and wait for service discovery to terminate before operating on the service.
   * @param[in]  cc  This is the application callback for a matching characteristic.Taken as NULL by default.
   *                 Note: service discovery may still be active when this callback is issued;
   *                 calling asynchronous BLE-stack APIs from within this application callback might cause the stack to abort service discovery.
   *                 If this becomes an issue, it may be better to make a local copy of the discoveredCharacteristic and wait for service discovery to terminate before operating on the characteristic.
   * @param[in]  matchingServiceUUID  UUID-based filter for specifying a service in which the application is interested.
   *                                  By default it is set as the wildcard UUID_UNKNOWN, in which case it matches all services.
   * @param[in]  matchingCharacteristicUUIDIn  UUID-based filter for specifying characteristic in which the application is interested.
   *                                           By default it is set as the wildcard UUID_UKNOWN to match against any characteristic.
   * @note     Using wildcard values for both service-UUID and characteristic-UUID will result in complete service discovery:
   *           callbacks being called for every service and characteristic.
   * @note     Providing NULL for the characteristic callback will result in characteristic discovery being skipped for each matching service.
   *           This allows for an inexpensive method to discover only services.
   * @return   BLE_ERROR_NONE if service discovery is launched successfully; else an appropriate error.
   */
  if(device_is_hrm)
    ble.gattClient().launchServiceDiscovery(handle, discoveredServiceCallBack, discoveredCharacteristicCallBack, service_uuid, chars_uuid1);
  if(device_is_simple_peripheral)
    ble.gattClient().launchServiceDiscovery(handle, discoveredServiceCallBack, discoveredCharacteristicCallBack);
}

/**
 * @brief  Callback handle for scanning device
 * @param[in]  *params   params->peerAddr            The peer's BLE address
 *                       params->rssi                The advertisement packet RSSI value
 *                       params->isScanResponse      Whether this packet is the response to a scan request
 *                       params->type                The type of advertisement
 *                                                   (enum from 0 ADV_CONNECTABLE_UNDIRECTED,ADV_CONNECTABLE_DIRECTED,ADV_SCANNABLE_UNDIRECTED,ADV_NON_CONNECTABLE_UNDIRECTED)
 *                       params->advertisingDataLen  Length of the advertisement data
 *                       params->advertisingData     Pointer to the advertisement packet's data
 */
static void scanCallBack(const Gap::AdvertisementCallbackParams_t *params) {
  uint8_t index, count;

Serial.println("Scan CallBack ");
  Serial.print("PerrAddress: ");
  for(index=0; index<6; index++) {
    Serial.print(params->peerAddr[index], HEX);
    Serial.print(" ");
  }
  Serial.println(" ");

Serial.print("The Rssi : ");
  Serial.println(params->rssi, DEC);

Serial.print("The adv_data : ");
  Serial.println((const char*)params->advertisingData);

uint8_t len;
  uint8_t adv_name[31];
  if( NRF_SUCCESS == ble_advdata_parser(BLE_GAP_AD_TYPE_SHORT_LOCAL_NAME, params->advertisingDataLen, (uint8_t *)params->advertisingData, &len, adv_name) ) {
    Serial.print("Short name len : ");
    Serial.println(len, DEC);
    Serial.print("Short name is : ");
    Serial.println((const char*)adv_name);
    if( memcmp("TXRX", adv_name, 4) == 0x00 ) {
     if(count == 2 ) 
     {
        ble.stopScan();
     }
      /**
      * @param[in]  peerAddrType    BLEProtocol::AddressType::PUBLIC
      *                             BLEProtocol::AddressType::RANDOM_STATIC
      *                             BLEProtocol::AddressType::RANDOM_PRIVATE_RESOLVABLE
      *                             BLEProtocol::AddressType::RANDOM_PRIVATE_NON_RESOLVABLE
      * @param[in]  *connectionParams
      * @param[in]  *scanParams
      * @return BLE_ERROR_NONE if connection establishment procedure is started successfully. The connectionCallChain (if set) will be invoked upon a connection event.
      */
      ble.connect(params->peerAddr, BLEProtocol::AddressType::RANDOM_STATIC, NULL, NULL);
    }
  }
  else if( NRF_SUCCESS == ble_advdata_parser(BLE_GAP_AD_TYPE_COMPLETE_LOCAL_NAME, params->advertisingDataLen, (uint8_t *)params->advertisingData, &len, adv_name) ) {
    Serial.print("Complete name len : ");
    Serial.print("Complete name is : ");

if(memcmp("Nordic_HRM", adv_name, 10) == 0x00) {
      ble.stopScan();
      device_is_hrm = 1;
    }
  }
  Serial.println(" ");
}

/** @brief  Connection callback handle
 *  @param[in] *params   params->handle : The ID for this connection
 *                       params->role : PERIPHERAL  = 0x1, // Peripheral Role
 *                                      CENTRAL     = 0x2, // Central Role.
 *                       params->peerAddrType : The peer's BLE address type
 *                       params->peerAddr : The peer's BLE address
 *                       params->ownAddrType : This device's BLE address type
 *                       params->ownAddr : This devices's BLE address
 *                       params->connectionParams->minConnectionInterval
 *                       params->connectionParams->maxConnectionInterval
 *                       params->connectionParams->slaveLatency
 *                       params->connectionParams->connectionSupervisionTimeout
 */
void connectionCallBack( const Gap::ConnectionCallbackParams_t *params ) {
  uint8_t index;

Serial.print("The conn handle : ");
  Serial.println(params->handle, HEX);

Serial.print("  The peerAddr : ");
    Serial.print(" ");
  }
  Serial.println(" ");
  // start to discovery
  startDiscovery(params->handle);
}

/** @brief  Disconnect callback handle
 *  @param[in] *params   params->handle : connect handle
 *                       params->reason : CONNECTION_TIMEOUT                          = 0x08,
 *                                        REMOTE_USER_TERMINATED_CONNECTION           = 0x13,
 *                                        REMOTE_DEV_TERMINATION_DUE_TO_LOW_RESOURCES = 0x14,  // Remote device terminated connection due to low resources.
 *                                        REMOTE_DEV_TERMINATION_DUE_TO_POWER_OFF     = 0x15,  // Remote device terminated connection due to power off.
 *                                        LOCAL_HOST_TERMINATED_CONNECTION            = 0x16,
 *                                        CONN_INTERVAL_UNACCEPTABLE                  = 0x3B,
 */
void disconnectionCallBack(const Gap::DisconnectionCallbackParams_t *params) {
  Serial.println("Disconnected, start to scanning");
  device_is_simple_peripheral = 0;
  device_is_hrm = 0;
  characteristic_is_fond = 0;
  descriptor_is_found = 0;
  ble.startScan(scanCallBack);
}

void gattServerWriteCallBack(const GattWriteCallbackParams *Handler) {
  static uint8_t buf[TXRX_BUF_LEN];
  uint16_t bytesRead, index;

Serial.println("onDataWritten : ");
  if (Handler->handle == characteristic1.getValueAttribute().getHandle()) {
    ble.readCharacteristicValue(characteristic1.getValueAttribute().getHandle(), buf, &bytesRead);
    Serial.print("bytesRead: ");
    Serial.println(bytesRead, HEX);
    for(index=0; index<bytesRead; index++) {
      Serial.write(buf[index]);
    }
    Serial.println("");
  }
}

void m_uart_rx_handle() {   //update characteristic data
  ble.updateCharacteristicValue(characteristic2.getValueAttribute().getHandle(), rx_buf, rx_buf_num);
  memset(rx_buf, 0x00,20);
  rx_state = 0;
}

void uart_handle(uint32_t id, SerialIrq event) {   /* Serial rx IRQ */
  if(event == RxIrq) {
    if(rx_state == 0) {
      rx_state = 1;
      timeout.attach_us(m_uart_rx_handle, 100000);
      rx_buf_num=0;
    }
    while(Serial.available()) {
      if(rx_buf_num < 20) {
        rx_buf[rx_buf_num] = Serial.read();
        rx_buf_num++;
      }
      else {
        Serial.read();
      }
    }
  }
}

/** @brief Discovered service callback handle
 *  @param[in] *service  service->getUUID()  The UUID of service
 *                       service->getStartHandle()
 *                       service->getEndHandle()
 */
static void discoveredServiceCallBack(const DiscoveredService *service) {
  Serial.println("\r\n----Servuce Discovered");

Serial.print("Service UUID type        : ");
  Serial.println(service->getUUID().shortOrLong(), HEX);// 0 16bit_uuid, 1 128bit_uuid
  Serial.print("Service UUID             : ");
  if(service->getUUID().shortOrLong() == UUID::UUID_TYPE_SHORT) {
    Serial.println(service->getUUID().getShortUUID(), HEX);
  }
  else {
    uint8_t index;
    const uint8_t *uuid = service->getUUID().getBaseUUID();
    for(index=0; index<16; index++) {
      Serial.print(uuid[index], HEX);
      Serial.print(" ");
    }
    Serial.println(" ");
  }
  Serial.print("The service start handle : ");
  Serial.println(service->getStartHandle(), HEX);
  Serial.print("The service end handle   : ");
  Serial.println(service->getEndHandle(), HEX);
}

/** @brief Discovered characteristics callback handle
 *  @param[in] *chars  chars->getUUID()        The UUID of service
 *                     chars->getProperties()  broadcast() : Check if broadcasting is permitted. True is permited.
 *                                             read() : Check reading is permitted.
 *                                             writeWoResp() : Check if writing with Write Command is permitted
 *                                             write() : Check if writing with Write Request is permitted.
 *                                             notify() : Check notifications are permitted.
 *                                             indicate() : Check if indications are permitted.
 *                                             authSignedWrite() : Check if writing with Signed Write Command is permitted.
 *                     chars->getDeclHandle()  characteristic's declaration attribute handle
 *                     chars->getValueHandle() characteristic's value attribute handle
 *                     chars->getLastHandle()  characteristic's last attribute handle
 */
static void discoveredCharacteristicCallBack(const DiscoveredCharacteristic *chars) {
  Serial.println("\r\n----Characteristic Discovered");
  Serial.print("Chars UUID type        : ");
  Serial.println(chars->getUUID().shortOrLong(), HEX);// 0 16bit_uuid, 1 128bit_uuid
  Serial.print("Chars UUID             : ");
  if(chars->getUUID().shortOrLong() == UUID::UUID_TYPE_SHORT) {
    Serial.println(chars->getUUID().getShortUUID(), HEX);
    if(chars->getUUID().getShortUUID() == 0x2A37) {
      Serial.println("Found HRM characteristic ");
      characteristic_is_fond = 1;
      chars_hrm = *chars;
    }
  }
  else {
    uint8_t index;
    const uint8_t *uuid = chars->getUUID().getBaseUUID();
    for(index=0; index<16; index++) {
      Serial.print(uuid[index], HEX);
      Serial.print(" ");
    }
    Serial.println(" ");
  }

Serial.print("properties_read        : ");
  Serial.println(chars->getProperties().read(), DEC);
  Serial.print("properties_writeWoResp : ");
  Serial.println(chars->getProperties().writeWoResp(), DEC);
  Serial.print("properties_write       : ");
  Serial.println(chars->getProperties().write(), DEC);
  Serial.print("properties_notify      : ");
  Serial.println(chars->getProperties().notify(), DEC);

Serial.print("declHandle             : ");
  Serial.println(chars->getDeclHandle(), HEX);
  Serial.print("valueHandle            : ");
  Serial.println(chars->getValueHandle(), HEX);
  Serial.print("lastHandle             : ");
  Serial.println(chars->getLastHandle(), HEX);

//uint16_t value = 0x0001;
  //ble.gattClient().read(chars->getConnHandle(), chars->getValueHandle(), 0);
  //ble.gattClient().write(GattClient::GATT_OP_WRITE_CMD,chars->getConnHandle(),chars->getValueHandle(),2,(uint8_t *)&value);
}

/**
 * @brief Discovered service and characteristics termination callback handle
 */
static void discoveryTerminationCallBack(Gap::Handle_t connectionHandle) {
  Serial.println("\r\n----discoveryTermination");
  Serial.print("connectionHandle       : ");
  Serial.println(connectionHandle, HEX);
  if(characteristic_is_fond == 1) {
    ble.gattClient().discoverCharacteristicDescriptors(chars_hrm, discoveredCharsDescriptorCallBack, discoveredDescTerminationCallBack);
  }
}

/** @brief Discovered descriptor of characteristic callback handle
 *  @param[in] *params  params->characteristic  DiscoveredCharacteristic
 *                      params->descriptor  descriptor.getUUID() : The uuid of descriptor atrribute
 *                                          descriptor.getConnectionHandle()
 *                                          descriptor.getAttributeHandle() : Arrtibute handle
 */
static void discoveredCharsDescriptorCallBack(const CharacteristicDescriptorDiscovery::DiscoveryCallbackParams_t *params) {
  Serial.println("\r\n----discovered descriptor");
  Serial.print("Desriptor UUID         : ");
  Serial.println(params->descriptor.getUUID().getShortUUID(), HEX);
  if(params->descriptor.getUUID().getShortUUID() == 0x2902) {
    // Save characteristic info
    descriptor_is_found = 1;
    desc_of_chars_hrm = params->descriptor;
  }
  Serial.print("connectionHandle       : ");
  Serial.println(params->descriptor.getConnectionHandle(), HEX);
  Serial.print("descriptor Handle      : ");
  Serial.println(params->descriptor.getAttributeHandle(), HEX);
}

/** @brief Discovered descriptor of characteristic termination callback handle
 *  @param[in] *params  params->characteristic  DiscoveredCharacteristic
 *                      params->status  Status of the discovery operation
 */
static void discoveredDescTerminationCallBack(const CharacteristicDescriptorDiscovery::TerminationCallbackParams_t *params) {
  Serial.println("\r\n----discovery descriptor Termination");
  if(descriptor_is_found) {
    Serial.println("Open HRM notify");
    uint16_t value = 0x0001;
    ble.gattClient().write(GattClient::GATT_OP_WRITE_REQ, chars_hrm.getConnectionHandle(), desc_of_chars_hrm.getAttributeHandle(), 2, (uint8_t *)&value);
  }
}

/** @brief  write callback handle
 *  @param[in] *params   params->connHandle : The handle of the connection that triggered the event
 *                       params->handle : Attribute Handle to which the write operation applies
 *                       params->writeOp : OP_INVALID               = 0x00,  // Invalid operation.
 *                                           OP_WRITE_REQ             = 0x01,  // Write request.
 *                                           OP_WRITE_CMD             = 0x02,  // Write command.
 *                                           OP_SIGN_WRITE_CMD        = 0x03,  // Signed write command.
 *                                           OP_PREP_WRITE_REQ        = 0x04,  // Prepare write request.
 *                                           OP_EXEC_WRITE_REQ_CANCEL = 0x05,  // Execute write request: cancel all prepared writes.
 *                                           OP_EXEC_WRITE_REQ_NOW    = 0x06,  // Execute write request: immediately execute all prepared writes.
 *                       params->offset : Offset for the write operation
 *                       params->len : Length (in bytes) of the data to write
 *                       params->data : Pointer to the data to write
 */
void onDataWriteCallBack(const GattWriteCallbackParams *params) {
  Serial.println("GattClient write call back ");
}

/** @brief  read callback handle
 *  @param[in] *params   params->connHandle : The handle of the connection that triggered the event
 *                       params->handle : Attribute Handle to which the write operation applies
 *                       params->offset : Offset for the write operation
 */
void onDataReadCallBack(const GattReadCallbackParams *params) {
  Serial.println("GattClient read call back ");
  Serial.print("The handle : ");
  Serial.println(params->handle, HEX);
  Serial.print("The offset : ");
  Serial.println(params->offset, DEC);
  Serial.print("The len : ");
  Serial.println(params->len, DEC);
  Serial.print("The data : ");
  for(uint8_t index=0; index<params->len; index++) {
    Serial.print( params->data[index], HEX);
  }
  Serial.println("");
}

/** @brief  hvx callback handle
 *                       params->type : BLE_HVX_NOTIFICATION = 0x01
 *                                      BLE_HVX_INDICATION   = 0x02
 */
void hvxCallBack(const GattHVXCallbackParams *params) {
  Serial.println("GattClient notify call back ");
  Serial.print("The len : ");
  Serial.println(params->len, DEC);
  for(unsigned char index=0; index<params->len; index++) {
    Serial.print(params->data[index], HEX);
  }
  Serial.println("");
}

void setup() {
  // put your setup code here, to run once:
  Serial.begin(9600);
  Serial.attach(uart_handle);
  Serial.println("BLE Central Demo ");

ble.init();
  ble.onConnection(connectionCallBack);
  ble.onDataWritten(gattServerWriteCallBack);
  ble.addService(uartService);
  ble.onDisconnection(disconnectionCallBack);
  ble.gattClient().onServiceDiscoveryTermination(discoveryTerminationCallBack);
  ble.gattClient().onHVX(hvxCallBack);
  ble.gattClient().onDataWrite(onDataWriteCallBack);
  ble.gattClient().onDataRead(onDataReadCallBack);
  // scan interval : in milliseconds, valid values lie between 2.5ms and 10.24s
  // scan window :in milliseconds, valid values lie between 2.5ms and 10.24s
  // timeout : in seconds, between 0x0001 and 0xFFFF, 0x0000 disables timeout
  // activeScanning : true or false
  ble.setScanParams(1000, 200, 0, false);
  // start scanning
  ble.startScan(scanCallBack);
}

void loop() {
  // put your main code here, to run repeatedly:
  ble.waitForEvent();
}

Do you find any thing that I’m doing wrong ? I can compile it and run it on my board, but the communikation between the boards wouldn’t work.

Hello
On Central, to receive data from more peripheral (SimpleChat) you must have a different name on each SimpleChat peripheral (for example TXRX1 on first and TXRX2 on second).
On the Central software you add only this code and you can receive alternatively from TXRX1 and from TXRX2.

I have test, it is OK for me.

Hi christian,

thanks for your reply.
I tested your Code and it won’t work. Thats my code:

static void scanCallBack(const Gap::AdvertisementCallbackParams_t *params) {
  uint8_t index;

Serial.println("Scan CallBack ");
  Serial.print("PerrAddress: ");
    Serial.print(" ");
  }
  Serial.println(" ");

Serial.print("The Rssi : ");
  Serial.println(params->rssi, DEC);

Serial.print("The adv_data : ");
  Serial.println((const char*)params->advertisingData);

uint8_t len;
  uint8_t adv_name[31];
  if( NRF_SUCCESS == ble_advdata_parser(BLE_GAP_AD_TYPE_SHORT_LOCAL_NAME, params->advertisingDataLen, (uint8_t *)params->advertisingData, &len, adv_name) ) {
    Serial.print("Short name len : ");
    Serial.print("Short name is : ");
    if( memcmp("TXRX", adv_name, 4) == 0x00 ) {
      ble.stopScan();
      /**
      * @param[in]  peerAddrType    BLEProtocol::AddressType::PUBLIC
      *                             BLEProtocol::AddressType::RANDOM_STATIC
      *                             BLEProtocol::AddressType::RANDOM_PRIVATE_RESOLVABLE
      *                             BLEProtocol::AddressType::RANDOM_PRIVATE_NON_RESOLVABLE
      * @param[in]  *connectionParams
      * @param[in]  *scanParams
      */
    }
  }
  else if( NRF_SUCCESS == ble_advdata_parser(BLE_GAP_AD_TYPE_COMPLETE_LOCAL_NAME, params->advertisingDataLen, (uint8_t *)params->advertisingData, &len, adv_name) ) {
    Serial.print("Complete name len : ");
    Serial.print("Complete name is : ");

if(memcmp("Nordic_HRM1", adv_name, 11) == 0x00) {
      ble.stopScan();
      device_is_hrm = 1;
      ble.connect(params-&gt; peerAddr, BLEProtocol::AddressType::RANDOM_STATIC, NULL, NULL);
    }
    if(memcmp("Nordic_HRM2", adv_name, 11) == 0x00) {
      ble.stopScan();
      device_is_hrm = 1;
      ble.connect(params-&gt; peerAddr, BLEProtocol::AddressType::RANDOM_STATIC, NULL, NULL);
    }
  }
  Serial.println(" ");
}

Do you see any wrong part ? Can you post the whole Code for Testing ?

Thanks and best Regards,
MootSeeker

@christian-gardens How do you read more than one Device ?
The BLE.connect API will stop after it connects with one device.

@mootseeker Hello I use same code as you . I recognize short_name and you complete_name but it is not the problem.
My code.
I use short name and I have suppressed or commented some Serial.print line.

But I recognize the same service_uuid_rev declared in the SimpleChat software. I have had

and I have modify the discoveredCharacteristicCallBack like this (somme original lines are suppressed) and set the flag characteristic_is_fond when I recognize My_service_uuid (it is the same on my two peripherals)

In hvxCallBack I receive data and when the data is received I disconnect to scan again.

I don’t know if all is clean but I am able to receive from my two periphrerasl alternatively.
Best regards
Christian

Hi @christian-gardens

I’ve tried your Code parts, but in my Case I only can connect with one peripheral.
Have you done something with the Peripheral part ? If yes can you show me this too ?

best Regards,
MootSeeker

@christian-gardens

That is all what I see in the Serial Monitor:

Scan CallBack
PerrAddress: 1E 84 1F C4 4B C9
The Rssi : -47
The adv_data : LOG-1a⸮⸮⸮H1⸮⸮uL>P
Short name len : 5
Short name is : LOG-1]
Got device 1 , stop scan

The conn handle : 0